Steps of Construction:”
1. Draw a line segment AB of length 6cm.
2. With A as center, draw a circle of radius 1.7 cm.
3. With B as center, draw a circle of radius 2.8 cm.
4. With B as center, draw another circle of radius (1.7+2.8) =4.5cm.
5. Draw a perpendicular bisector of AB. It intersects with AB at M.
6. With M as center and AM as radius draw a semicircle.
7. This circle intersects with circle of radius 5cm at S.
8. Join B to S. BS cuts the inner circle at K.
9. From A, draw a line parallel to BS.
10. This line intersects with the circle at L.
11. Join K to L.
12. KL is the required transverse common tangent.
Rate this question :
The centers of twRajasthan Board Mathematics
Construct tangentRajasthan Board Mathematics
Draw a pair of taRajasthan Board Mathematics
The radii of twoRajasthan Board Mathematics
Take a point O anRajasthan Board Mathematics