Steps of Construction:”
1. Draw a line segment AB of length 8cm.
2. With A as center, draw a circle of radius 3 cm.
3. With B as center, draw a circle of radius 4 cm.
4. With B as center, draw another circle of radius (4-3) =1cm.
5. Draw a perpendicular bisector of AB. It intersects with AB at X.
6. With X as center and AX as radius draw a circle.
7. This circle intersects with circle of radius 1cm at P and Q.
8. Join B to P. Extend BP to R, a point on the outer circle.
9. Join B to Q. Extend BQ to S, a point on the outer circle.
10. From A, draw a line parallel to BR and another line parallel to BS.
11. These lines intersects with the circle at K and L.
12. Join K to R and L to S.
13. KR and LS are the required direct common tangents.
Rate this question :
The centers of twRajasthan Board Mathematics
Construct tangentRajasthan Board Mathematics
Draw a pair of taRajasthan Board Mathematics
The radii of twoRajasthan Board Mathematics
Take a point O anRajasthan Board Mathematics