Q. 104.5( 26 Votes )
Draw a right triangle in which the sides (other than hypotenuse) are of lengths 4 cm and 3 cm. Then, construct another triangle whose sides are 3/5 times the corresponding sides of the given triangle.
Steps of Construction:
1. First we have to draw a triangle of given dimensions lets say ABC.
2. Draw a line segment of length BC of length 3cm.
3. Make an angle of 90° at B and cut an arc of radius 4cm taking B as center. The Arc cut point is A.
4. Join AC. ABC is the right angled triangle with the given dimensions.
5. Now we have to make a triangle which 5/3 times of this triangle, that is bigger than this triangle.
6. So we extend the line BC along C and BA along A.
7. Draw a ray BZ making an acute angle with BC. Make 5 equal arcs along BZ starting from B then B1 and so on till B5.
8. Join B3C. From B5 draw a ray parallel to B3C cutting the extended BC at C’.
9. From C’, draw another ray parallel to CA cutting the extended BA at A’.
10. Then A’BC’ is our required triangle.
Rate this question :