Steps of Construction:
1. Draw a line segment AB of given length 7cm.
2. Draw a line originating from A and making an acute angle with line segment AB.
3. As we have to get 3 parts out of 5 parts of AB. We will divide the line from A into 5 parts.
4. Taking A as center draw an arc cutting at A1 on the line.
5. With the same radius and taking A1 as a center, draw another arc cutting line at A2. Repeat the same till A5, as shown below:
6. Join A5 and B by drawing a line:
7. Draw lines parallel to A5B from A4, A3, A3 and A1 cutting line AB.
8. The Point where the parallel line from A3 cuts AB is P.
9. Hence P is the required point such that AP/AB = 3/5.
Rate this question :