Q. 554.4( 5 Votes )
Locate √7 on a nu
The steps of construction are:-
1) Draw a number line
2) Mark 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and so on
3) Mark point A on 0 and B on 2
4) Draw BC perpendicular to B of 1 unit length from B. This will give us OC = √5 by Pythagoras theorem.
5) Construct Another perpendicular from C of length 1 unit and name it D. This will give us OD = √6 unit by Pythagoras theorem.
6) Repeat the same process by drawing unit length from D as a perpendicular and naming it ED. Length OE will be equal to √7 units by Pythagoras theorem.
Rate this question :