Q. 163.7( 3 Votes )
How to construct
To construct a square root spiral,
1. Draw a line segment PQ of length 1 unit by taking 2 cm as 1 unit,
2. Construct a line QX perpendicular to the line segment PQ, by using compasses or a set square.
3. From Q, draw an arc of 1 unit, which cut QX at C(let)
4. Join PC.
5. Taking PC as a base, draw a perpendicular CY to PC, by using compasses or a set square.
6. From C, draw an arc of 1 unit, which cut CY at D(let).
7. Join PD.
8. Taking PD as a base, draw a perpendicular DZ to PD, by using compasses or set square.
9. From D draw an arc of 1 unit which cut DZ at E(let).
10. Join PE.
Keep repeating the process for sufficient no. of times. Then the figure so obtained is called a square root spiral.
Rate this question :