Elucidate the relevance of the concept of moderate consumption and co-consumption in context to present time.
1. According to Atharvaveda, a man should own as much as he can to feed himself and his family.
2. According to the Vedic literature, a person should have a minimum and restrained consumption of the money earned by himself to fulfill its needs. If he consumes more than this, he will be punished.
3. According to many ancient Indian thoughts, a person should earn money only by honest means and should not earn more than his needs.
4. It is also mentioned which goods should be consumed and which goods should not be consumed.
5. According to Chanakya moderate consumption is beneficial for health.
6. For the social welfare of the society, one must consume the goods and services as a gift of God and should not regard it as his own right over goods and services.
1. According to Vedic literature, a person should consume the goods by sharing them among each other in society and not only for himself.
2. The consumption should be based only on equality and welfare.
3. According to Rigveda, a person who feels himself only without feeding the hungry, friends, servants, guests, animals, birds is a sinner.
4. According to the Western economic system, maximum consumption is a symbol of maximum satisfaction.
5. According to the Indian economic thought, the achievement of satisfaction is to be calculated by consuming the acquired money through distributing it generously.
6. The entire world is to be considered as one community with people of high character. The concept of consumption promotes equality and welfare for all. It reduces the gap between the rich and the poor and reduces the unequal distribution of income.
Rate this question :
Explain the concept of Holistic Discretion (overall rationality)Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Write the merits of mixed economy.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
What is economy activities? Explain with example.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
What is socialist economy?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Mention an example of producer and product.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Define consumption with example.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Mention the name of factors of production.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
How is man presented in ancient Indian economic thought?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Which of the following is not the merit of the mixed economy?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Which economy gives the right to personal property?Rajasthan Board - Social Science