Q. 84.3( 8 Votes )
Education is considered to be an important input for the development of a nation. How?
Education is considered to be an important input for the development of a nation because –
1) It provides the necessary knowledge and skills, which helps the people in increasing their productivity.
2) It creates social awareness and develops mental ability among the people so that they can make right choice at the time of need.
3) It improves the earning capacity of individuals which ultimately improve the living standard of people and the quality of life.
4) An educated person can easily understand the problems of population growth in India and can take proper measures to make his/her own contribution in bringing this growth rate down.
5) It helps in improving the employment level in the country and or we can say in dealing with the problem of unemployment.
6) It helps in acceptance of modernization and modern techniques which ultimately results in the development of the nation.
7) Education not only makes people educated but also helps an underdeveloped or developing economy to solve various problems like poverty, income inequality, population, investment, underutilisation of resources, etc.
8) It increases the participation of people in the process of growth and development of the country.
Rate this question :
In your view, is it essential for the government to regulate the fee structure in education and health care institutions? If so, why?NCERT - Indian Economic Development
What are the main problems of human capital formation in India?NCERT - Indian Economic Development
Examine the role of education in the economic development of a nation.NCERT - Indian Economic Development
How does investment in human capital contribute to growth?NCERT - Indian Economic Development
‘There is a downward trend in inequality world-wide with a rise in the average education levels’. CommentNCERT - Indian Economic Development
Argue in favour of the need for different forms of government intervention in education and health sectors.NCERT - Indian Economic Development
Bring out the need for on-the-job-training for a person.NCERT - Indian Economic Development
How government organisations facilitate the functioning of schools and hospitals in India?NCERT - Indian Economic Development
What factors contribute to human capital formation?NCERT - Indian Economic Development
How is human development a broader term as compared to human capital?NCERT - Indian Economic Development