Q. 225.0( 3 Votes )
Draw a block diagram showing events in respiration. Write what you understood about cellular respiration. (AS5)
1. Cellular Respiration occurs in all living cells all the time.
2. During respiration, energy is produced when the glucose or fatty acids are oxidised in the cells. As this process occurs in the cells, this is called cellular respiration.
3. Respiration can be takes place in presence of oxygen that is aerobic respiration or in the absence of oxygen that is anaerobic respiration (fermentation).
4. Cellular respiration in prokaryotic cells like that of bacteria occurs within the cytoplasm.
5. In Eukaryotic cells, cytoplasm and mitochondria are the site of cellular respiration.
6. The complete breakdown of sugar molecule with the release of all its available energy involves a series of chemical reactions.
7. The energy released in cellular respiration is stored as ATP.
8. ATP is utilised for carrying out other functions in the cell.
Rate this question :
If you have a chance to meet pulmonologist what questions are you going to ask about pulmonary respiration? (AS2)AP - Biology
Draw a block diagram showing events in respiration. Write what you understood about cellular respiration. (AS5)AP - Biology
Collect information about respiratory diseases (because of pollution, tobacco) and discuss with your classmates. (AS4)AP - Biology