Q. 23.8( 5 Votes )
Do you think mana
Profession refers to an occupation which is backed up by specialized knowledge and training with restricted entry. The concept of management and profession are explained below:
• Well defined body of knowledge- every profession has a well-defined body of knowledge which can be learned through instructions. This feature of the profession is present in management as it also consists of systematic knowledge of concepts and theories which can be acquired by Institutions and books.
• Restricted entry- The entry into any profession is restricted by the basis of an exam or education qualification. A person can enter into a profession only after acquiring the required knowledge through the formal education system. This feature is not applicable to Management which is open to all the individuals. There is no restriction on any person becoming a manager.
• Professional Association- professions are affiliated to a professional Association which regulates entry, grants certificate of practice and develops a code of conduct. This feature is not applicable to management as it is not mandatory for a manager to be a member of any Management Association.
• Ethical code of conduct- every profession has to follow a strict code of conduct. All the members are expected to follow it with utmost sincerity. This feature is not applicable in management because of the absence of any such code of conduct.
• Service motive- The main aim of the profession is to serve the citizen of a country. This feature is also not applicable to Management which aims at fulfilling the goals of the organisation mostly the maximization of profit. In conclusion, management does not have all the features of a profession. But it is now going into the path of professionalization of Management.
Rate this question :