The steps to control soil pollution are:
• Disposal of garbage to waste bins rather than dumping on neighbourhood or living environment.
• Development of such pesticides should be encouraged, which may save crops from pests and rodents but should not contaminate the soil with toxic chemicals.
• There should be sufficient duration between the harvesting of crops and time of the last spray of pesticides. This will help in reducing contamination of pesticides, directly to the crop.
• There must be an arrangement for educating farmers regarding the proper use of pesticides and fertilizers.
• Reuse and recycle the plastic and other wastes rather than polluting the environment.
Rate this question :