Distinguish between voluntary unemployment and involuntary unemployment. What is the significance of this distribution?
● Voluntary employment is the situation when a worker who is able to work is unemployed due to his own unwillingness.
● A person remains unemployment despite jobs being available.
● Involuntary unemployment is a situation where a person who is able and willing to work is unable to get any work at the existing wage rate.
● The person is unemployed due to market conditions.
● The unemployment level in an economy is reflected by the degree of unemployment.
● According to Keynes, it is due to the insufficiency of effective demand which can be solved by increasing the aggregate demand by government intervention.
Rate this question :
Given saving curve, derive consumption curve and state the steps in doing so. Use the Diagram.Economics - Board Papers
Indian investors lend abroad. Answer the following questions
(a) In which sub-account and on which side of the Balance of Payments Account such lending is recorded? Give reasons.
b) Explain the impact of lending on the market exchange rate.Economics - Board Papers
If nominal income is Rs 500 and the price index is 125, calculate the real income.Economics - Board Papers
An economy is in equilibrium. Find investment expenditure.
National income = 1200
Autonomouns consumption expenditure = 150
Marginal propernsity to consumer = 0.8Economics - Board Papers
Sale of petrol and diesel cars is rising particularly in big cities. Analyse its impact on gross domestic product and welfare.Economics - Board Papers
For the blind candidate:
Explain the consumption function. Derive saving function from the consumption functionEconomics - Board Papers