Discuss the risk
Technical failure or irresponsible handling of hazardous material can lead to the occurrence of industrial disasters. Several steps can be taken to reduce the risks in case of an industrial disaster.
• Industrial regions should be set up with ample distance from densely populated regions particularly residential areas.
• The population residing near an industry should be made aware of the hazardous materials that are being produced in said industry and its storage process along with the effects that can occur in case of an industrial disaster.
• Steps should be taken to improve the fire warning and management systems.
• A limit should be applied to the storage capacity of toxic substances.
• Improvement should be made in the pollution dispersion capacity of industries.
Rate this question :
Answer the followNCERT Geography- Resources and Development