● Planning and controlling are two separate, yet closely related functions of the management.
● Without planning, controlling is baseless. Without controlling, planning is baseless.
● Planning precedes controlling and controlling succeed planning.
● Controlling requires a set of predetermined standards which is provided by planning.
● Once a plan becomes operational controlling is important to monitor its progress, analyze the actual performance, compare it with the standard performance and correct the deviations using corrective measures.
● Both planning and controlling a required for the smooth functioning of the organisation.
● They drive each other in the organisation.
● The business environment is dynamic in nature which for the enhances the relationship between the two.
● A plan may fail at any point in time. Controlling is used in such situations to overcome the loss incurred.
Rate this question :