Q. 154.5( 10 Votes )
Discuss the funct
Article 22 of the Constitution mentions that every individual has the Right to be defended by a lawyer. Also, the state has to provide a lawyer to the citizen who couldn’t afford to hire a lawyer due to poverty or disability which is mentioned in the Article 39A of the Constitution. The defence lawyer is the individual being provided by the state to the accused individual due to his/her disability to hire a lawyer. The various functions of the defence lawyer are as follows:
• As a lawyer, it is his responsibility to collect all the evidence and witnesses in favour of his client who is accused of the crime regardless of his other acts or offences.
• The defence lawyer has to fulfil his duty of making a healthy and impartial opinion towards his client.
• The defence lawyer should examine all the witnesses presented by the prosecution.
• He should try to find the witness of his client who will be accused of committing the crime.
• He has to make an argument on behalf of his client.
• He should also try to make a settlement or plea or negotiate in order to get the freedom of his client in any way possible.
Rate this question :