Q. 55.0( 2 Votes )
• This system uses perforated pipes to supply water.
• It delivers water drop by drop directly to the soil at the desired place.
• It supplies water to the plants all through the day by providing a small amount of water at regular intervals.
• The plants do not run dry due to water shortage.
• Soluble fertilizers can also be applied through this system.
• Only the root area of plants is wetted.
• Loss of water is minimized.
• It is a more effective and efficient system.
• A picture of drip irrigation is shown below:
• It consists of nozzles, pipes and spray guns.
• The spray guns rotate in circles and wet a large circular area and not only a small desired area.
• Evaporative loss of water is high in this system.
• It serves as a cooling system and clears off the dust from the plants.
• It supplies water to the plants only 1-2 times a day but in large amounts.
• Every part of the plant receives water.
• The picture of the sprinkler system is shown here:
Rate this question :
The best TechniquLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Which of the follLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Name two methodsLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Name the variousLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Name two traditioLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Name one crop whiLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Match the agriculNCERT - Science Exemplar