Q. 15.0( 1 Vote )
Did the British really want to educate Indians? Justify your answer.
British did not educate to help Indians.
1. Most Europeans considered their language, culture and religion the most superior and progressive.
2. They saw education in colonies as part of “civilizing” the natives.
3. They did not want to create intellectuals but rather informed subjects who can do their work.
4. They wanted to educate the Indians so that they could work for them at lower posts.
5. They also wished to bring English culture and language into the Indian society.
Rate this question :