Q. 5 A4.4( 48 Votes )
Explain the follo
A. Diamond, graphite and fullerene are the three crystalline forms of carbon.
1. A crystalline form has a definite and regular geometric pattern.
2. The structure of all the three crystalline forms has a definite shape, sharp edges and plane surfaces.
Graphite Diamond Fullerene
3. Graphite has a hexagonal layered structure.
4. Diamond has a tetragonal three-dimensional structure.
5. Fullerene exists in the form of buckyballs and buckytubes.
Rate this question :