Q. 45.0( 4 Votes )
Describe the three-tier system of Indian federation?
The three-tier system basically means that the government is divided into three levels. These different tiers enjoy separate jurisdiction.
• Central Government
• State Government
• Panchayati Raj and Municipalities
1) The Central government - this is the level of government for the entire nation of India. It handles international matters for India as well.
2) The State government - this the level of government at the state levels. Its jurisdiction is on the state level and is in charge of the matters and affairs of the given state.
3) Panchayati Raj - this level of government is at the rural, village or municipality level. The Panchayati Raj is responsible for governance at the local and rural levels.
4) Municipalities: responsible for governance in town or district that has local government.
Rate this question :
In what ways has the local government deepened our democracy?Together With Social Science
Examine the composition and structure of urban local self-government.Together With Social Science
Discuss the structure and composition of rural local self-government.Together With Social Science