United Nation is an international organization and has several agencies that work in a specific direction. The issues related to war, differences between nations are discussed and resolved in the General assembly and Security Council.
The Security Council has five permanent members( US, China, Russia, France, and UK. These members have got veto power.) and ten nonpermanent members.
There has been criticism for a lesser number of seats for permanent members. In 1997 suggestions were made regarding criteria for new permanent member:
1. A new member must be a major economic power.
2. The nation must be a major military power.
3. The nation must be contributing a substantial amount to the UN.
4. The nation must be inclined towards democracy and human rights
5. The nation must represent a large population.
6. The country must be representative of the world’s diversity.
India has also been supporting the proposal of increasing the number of both permanent and nonpermanent members.
Rate this question :
Describe the threPolitical Science - Board Papers
Mention any fourPolitical Science - Board Papers
Analyze any threePolitical Science - Board Papers
Analyze the biggePolitical Science - Board Papers
What does hide stPolitical Science - Board Papers
Explain the meaniPolitical Science - Board Papers