STRUCTURE - a nephron consists of a renal corpuscle and a long complicated renal tubule.
- Nephron has a cup-shaped bag known as Bowmans Capsule.
- The lower end of the Bowmans Capsule is known as the Tubule.
- One end of Tubule is connected to Urine-Collecting Duct.
- Bowmans Capsule contains bundles of blood capillaries known as Glomerulus.
- One part of Glomerulus attached to Renal Artery bringing in the dirty blood(Containing Urea) while the other end coming out of Bowmans Capsule containing the clean blood
- Renal tubule is divided into three parts- proximal convoluted tubule (PCT), the loop of Henle and distal convoluted tubule (DCT) which ends by joining a collecting tubule.
- Glomerulus filters the blood passing through it
- It also removes other harmful substances from our body like urea
- Useful substances like glucose, essential amino acids, salts and major amount of water is selectively reabsorbed by tubular part of nephron
Rate this question :
How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
view all courses
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation