Describe the role
Mass communication plays a constructive role in today’s society. It is not only a source of entertainment but spreads awareness as well. It keeps us updated about various government policies and programmes by various means such as radio, television, newspapers, magazines, books and films.
For example : All India Radio (Akashwani) broadcasts varied range of programmes based on national, regional and local languages.
Similarly, Doordarshan broadcasts a diverse range of programmes based on entertainment, educational, sports.
In India newspapers are published more than 100 languages which helps in creating awareness in various parts of India.
Mass media has emerged as storehouse of information for all the people in society. Even movies and documentaries have become great source of information.
Road transport has emerged as one of the fastest means of transport. Some of its benefits are as following :
1. Roadways acts as a feeder to other modes of transport, as they provide a link between railway stations, air and sea ports.
2. They require less capital as compared to railways
3. Are more convenient as they can provide door to door services
4.Has more flexibility in service both for men and material
5. Has a lot of utility during short distance
6. They help in distribution of perishable goods within stipulated time .
7. For hilly regions roadways provide a better way of communication. Roads can be constructed easily in hilly terrains and undulating topography.
Rate this question :