Q. 123.7( 3 Votes )
Describe the role
The Rowlatt Bill brought Mahatma Gandhi to the field of politics. Ever since 1919 to 1948 Gandhi Ji occupied a central position in the struggle of independence of the country and played a very crucial role in doing so.
1. He managed to twist and change the character of the Indian politics in the country.
2. He worked upon people’s passion and hit hard upon the idea of hartal or protesting by the closing of business and shops in the country.
3. He managed to get the Indian masses together, both Hindus and Muslims on a similar scale.
4. Mahatma Gandhi on refusing to obey the orders brought by the British to forbid him from entering Amritsar, was arrested by them and brought back to Bombay, which ignited a fire in the hearts of Indian masses and this broke out as violence killing a police officer. Thus, as an act of penance, Gandhi took a fast for three days.
5. Gandhi Ji further also protested against the Jallianwala Bagh incident in 1919.
6. He took up the Khilafat issue in non-cooperation movement in 1920 and demanded Swaraj.
7. On March 1930, Gandhi along with 78 members began his historic 24 days march to Dandi and broke the salt law.
8. Moreover, Gandhi Ji was capable of bringing both men and women together into their struggle for independence. He emphasized the revival of indigenous industries and promoted the self-rule through charkha, emphasizes Swadeshi and successfully led the boycott movement in all fields including colleges, doctors, lawyers etc.
9. He further emphasized the Hindu Muslim unity and eradication of untouchability and elevation of the status of women as a whole.
Rate this question :