Q. 6 A4.0( 2 Votes )
Answer in detail:
There were many reforms introduced by Warren Hastings:
• The Dual Government system introduced by Robert Clive was ended.
• Administration of provinces was now in the hands of East India Company.
• The English treasury was shifted Murshidabad to Calcutta.
• The two courts of appeal namely Sadar Diwani Adalat(Civil) and Sadar Nizamat Adalat(Criminal) was set up in Calcutta and each district.
• A digest of Hindu law and Muslim law was formed for the courts.
• A Board of Trade was setup to buy quality goods for the company.
• He reduced the customs by 2.5% for merchants to encourage the Indian trade.
• Many custom houses were abolished and only five were setup namely Calcutta, Dacca, Murshidabad, Patna and Hoogly.
• And, the Board of Revenue was formed in Calcutta to look into revenue administration.
• He himself being a patron of learning started a Calcutta Madrasa for promotion of Islamic Studies.
Rate this question :
Answer in detail:Tamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Write about the fTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Answer the followTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Choose the correcTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
Match the followiTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2
In your scrapbookTamilnadu - Social Science Term-2