Q. 15.0( 9 Votes )
Describe the proc
All books in Mughal India were Manuscripts i.e., they were handwritten. The centre of manuscripts productions was the imperial ‘KitabKhana’. This ‘KitabKhana’ was a scriptorium – a place where the emperor’s collections of manuscripts were produced.
The creation of manuscripts involved a number of people performing variety of tasks:
1. Paper makers were needed to prepare the folios of the manuscript.
2. Calligraphers to copy the text
3. Glider to illuminate the pages.
4. Painters to illustrate scenes.
5. Book binders to gather the individual folios and set them with an ornamental covers.
The finished manuscripts were a work of intellectual wealth and beauty it exemplifies the power of its patron, the mughal emperor to bring such beauty into being.
Rate this question :