There is a tradition of collection of water in Rajasthan for future use. The following methods are used in Rajasthan for the purpose:
● Khadeen: It is a temporary pond constructed from soil. It is built under the sloppy level. One side of it has a wall made up of strong stones and other two walls are covered with the mud walls. It fills with water in case of sufficient area and overflows to another Khadeen if water level is more than possible. It can be used for agriculture when dried.
● Pond: It had a well on the foothills of a pond. It was used for bathing by men and women separately. It increases the water level scientifically.
● Bawdi: It is very important in Rajasthan. It is decorated with crafts and has stairs to land in it. It is a traditional way to collect water.
● Lakes: The water of lakes increases the water level of other sources by seepage. Both artificial and natural lakes are found in Rajasthan.
● Toba: It has more depth than canals and rivers. It is the main old method of collecting water.
Rate this question :
Describe the methRajasthan Board Science