Describe the main
The leaders of both sides - Telangana and Andhra met in Delhi and formed the Gentleman's agreement on 20 February 1956. They agreed on 14 points — this implied merger of the two States through conditional and subject to the satisfaction of Telangana people.
The most important points were:
1. The expenditure on the administration was to be borne by both the regions proportionately. The revenue from Telangana would be spent only for the development of Telangana.
2. The existing educational institutions in Telangana would be reserved for the students from that region only.
3. Regional Council was set up consisting of 20 members from the Legislative Assembly to oversee the needs and development in Telangana
4. It also controlled the sale of agricultural land in Telangana.
5. The Andhra Pradesh ministry will consist of 60% members from Andhra and 40% members from Telangana
6. Only those with a minimum of 12 years of residence in Telangana were eligible for securing job and admission to educational institutions in Telangana
7. If the Chief Minister was from Andhra, the deputy Minister would be from Telangana and vice versa.
Rate this question :
Describe the diffTelangana Board - Social Science
What arguments weTelangana Board - Social Science
Locate the followTelangana Board - Social Science
Based on the expeTelangana Board - Social Science
Describe the mainTelangana Board - Social Science
“Diversity of peoTelangana Board - Social Science
How did the dispaTelangana Board - Social Science
What have been thTelangana Board - Social Science
Correct the incorTelangana Board - Social Science
How do you evaluaTelangana Board - Social Science