Describe the life
• Dr. Saleem Ali was born into a Muslim family in Bombay on 12 November 1896. He was the ninth and youngest child of Moizuddin.
• Salim went to primary school at Zenana Bible and Medical Mission Girls High School at Girgaum along with two of his sisters and later to St. Xavier's College, Bombay.
• Dr. Saleem Ali was one of the very first scientists to carry out systematic bird surveys in India and abroad.
• He published a research paper discussing the nature and activities of the weaver bird in 1930 while he was at his wife's house in Kihim, a coastal village in Bombay.
• Saleem also wrote other books like, “Common Birds” (1967) and his interesting autobiography “The Fall of Sparrow” in 1985.
• He was the scientist who worked hard to gain the government support for the establishment of Bharatpur bird sanctuary (Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary).
• Because of his contributions in the field of Science and towards birds, he is also referred to as the "birdman of India".
Rate this question :
Bhabha automic reRajasthan Board Science
In which languageRajasthan Board Science
Of which Rishi waRajasthan Board Science
Describe Sir C.VRajasthan Board Science
What is the contrRajasthan Board Science
Which scientist cRajasthan Board Science
On which positionRajasthan Board Science
Dr. A.P.J. AbdulRajasthan Board Science
What are the contRajasthan Board Science
Match the followiRajasthan Board Science