Q. 175.0( 1 Vote )
Describe the five-step taken by the French for the development of the ‘Mekong Delta Region'.
The steps taken by the French for the development of the “Mekong Delta Region” are as follows.:
1) The French started with the construction of large canals in the Mekong Delta Region.
2) The projects were undertaken for the easy and smooth movement of goods from one region to the other.
3) They build canals and drained lands to increase rice cultivation.
4) Construction of the Trans Indo China rail network was undertaken to connect the northern and southern parts of Vietnam and China.
5) A second line was built between Vietnam and Siam.
Rate this question :
What was the development project undertaken by the French in Vietnam?Together With Social Science
What kind of political and constitutional change was brought about by the French Revolution?
How French Indo-China was formed?Together With Social Science
Explain the view of Paul Bernard regarding the economy of Vietnam.Together With Social Science
The famous blind poet NgyuyenDinhChieu bemoaned what was happening to his country.
I would rather face eternal darkness
Then see the faces of traitors
I would rather see no man
Then encounter one man’s suffering
I would rather see nothing
Then witness the dismembering of the country in
(a)What does the poet express in the given stanza?
(b) What values does it exhibit?Together With Social Science
Describe any five measures introduced by the French Revolutionaries to create a sense of collective identity among the French people.
Describe any five steps taken by the French to develop the ‘Mekong Delta Region’.Social Science - Board Papers
Who was Francis Garnier?All In One - History
Who remarked “when France sneezes the rest of Europe catches cold.”?
Who were called colons in Vietnam?Social Science - Board Papers
Write a note on:
What was meant by the ‘civilizing mission’ of the colonizers?NCERT - India and the Contemporary World-II
Explain the following:
The French began building canals and draining lands in the Mekong delta.NCERT - India and the Contemporary World-II