Q. 2 C4.1( 13 Votes )
Describe the enco
Literature under Hoysalas:
1. Agraharas, mathas, and temples developed into centers of education where Kannada and Sanskrit were taught.
2. There were excellent educational institutions at Melukote, Salagame, Arasikere and other places. Here the study of the Vedas, Vedashastras, Kannada, and Sanskrit used to be carried on
3. Kannada literature grew immensely under Hoysalas.
4. There were great poets like Janna (Yoshodhara Charite), Harihara (Girija Kalyana) and Raghavanka (Harishchandra Kavya).
5. There were great authors too like Rudrabhatta who wrote Jagannatha Vijaya and Keshiraja who wrote Shabdamani Darpana.
6. There were great Sanskrit scholars like Ramanujacharya and Parasharabhatta who contributed works like Sreebhasya.
Rate this question :
Learn in detail aKarnataka Board - History
Describe the encoKarnataka Board - History
Discuss in classKarnataka Board - History
Visit Belur and HKarnataka Board - History
Write a note on tKarnataka Board - History
Who was the foundKarnataka Board - History
Learn more aboutKarnataka Board - History