The development of medieval towns in India during the Mughal period-
• About 100 of existing towns have their roots in the medieval period.
• Most of them developed as headquarters and kingdoms.
• There were fort towns also.
• Important towns- Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Agra, and Nagpur.
The development of modern towns in India during the British period.
• British and the other European have developed many towns in India.
• Trading ports: Surat, Daman, Goa, Pondicherry,
• Principal towns of Britishers- Mumbai, Chennai, Calcutta
• They developed Hilltowns as summer resorts.
• New civil administration and military areas town based on modern industries.
Rate this question :