Q. 25.0( 1 Vote )
Describe some of
Bastar is in the southernmost part of the Chhattisgarh and comes on the borders of Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Maharashtra. Maria and Muria Gonds, Dhurwas, Bhatras and Halbas were the different communities that live in Bastar. Even though they spoke different languages, they followed common customs and beliefs, which were:
• They believed that each village had the land which was gift provided by the Earth. So at each agricultural festival, they make offerings to the earth, also to the spirits of the river, forest and the mountain.
• Each village have their boundaries so they make use of the natural resources that lie within that boundary.
• If any village wants to take resources from other villages they have to pay a small fee called Devsari, Dand or man in exchange.
• These villages also had guards to protect their lands and fields; in return, they provide him with the grain as his pay.
• The headman of the villages meets to discuss the issues related to their customs or beliefs.
Rate this question :