Q. 184.5( 6 Votes )
Describe Sir C.V
• Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman was an Indian physicist born in the former Madras Province in India on 7 November 1888.
• At an early age, Raman moved to the city of Visakhapatnam and studied at St. Aloysius Anglo-Indian High School.
• In 1902, Raman joined Presidency College in Madras, where he stood first and bagged the gold medal in Physics.
• In the year 1917, Raman resigned from his government service after he was appointed the first Palit Professor of Physics at the University of Calcutta.
• He won the 1930 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the Raman effect".
• Later on the phenomenon of scattering of light was known as Raman scattering.
• He was the first non-white to receive a Nobel Prize for work in Science.
Rate this question :
Bhabha automic reRajasthan Board Science
In which languageRajasthan Board Science
Of which Rishi waRajasthan Board Science
Which scientist cRajasthan Board Science
On which positionRajasthan Board Science
Dr. A.P.J. AbdulRajasthan Board Science
What are the contRajasthan Board Science
Match the followiRajasthan Board Science
What were the reaRajasthan Board Science
Explain about Dr.Rajasthan Board Science