Global poverty trends: 1. In developing countries the percentage of poor people is extremely high and still increasing per day.
2. Population living on less than $ 1.99 per day in developing countries has fallen from 35% in 1990 to 10.68% in 2013 according to World Bank.
3. There has been reduction in global poverty, yet it is marked with great regional deviations.
4. Considerably poverty decline has been observed in China and South East Asian countries leading to economic growth and massive investments in human resources development.
5. Poverty has not declined as swiftly in Sub-Saharan Africa. The percentage decline is meagre in the area when compared with the global average and the performance of other areas in the world.
6. The global percentage of poor has declined from 44 percent in 1990 to 17 percent in 2013.
Rate this question :
DNCERT - Economics