Q. 234.7( 7 Votes )
The present concept of atom was given by Neils Bohr. The bohr’s model of atom can be described as follows:
1) An atom is made up of three particles, called as electrons, protons and neutrons.
2) The protons and neutrons are located in a small nucleus at the centre of the atom.
3) The electrons revolve rapidly round the nucleus in fixed circular paths called energy levels or shells.
4) There is a limit to the number of electrons which each energy level (or shell) can hold.
5) Each energy level (or shell) is associated with a fixed amount of energy.
6) There is no change in the energy of electrons as long the keep revolving in the same energy level, and the atom remains stable.
Rate this question :
Which of the follNCERT Science - Exemplar