Q. 205.0( 2 Votes )
Describe any thre
The major steps taken towards the decentralisation of powers in India was the 73rd constitutional amendment in 1992. Major steps that were taken towards decentralisation in 1992 were as following :
1. The Constitution was amended to make the third-tier of democracy more powerful and effective. for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
2. It is constitutionally mandatory to hold regular elections to govemment'bodies.
3. At least one-third of all positions are reserved for women.
1. Dual Governence:- The Constitution establishes a dual polity consisting of the Union at the Centre and the states at the Periphery.
2. There are three lists: Union List, State List, Concurrent List. Each level of government has its own jurisdiction in matters of legislation, taxation and administration even though they govern the same citizens
3. Control of union territories with Centre : Union territories are federal territories governed directly by the Central Government of India.
Rate this question :