The three features of the Congress Party that kept it as a social
and ideological coalition during the freedom struggle were:
1. Congress was an umbrella party for many social groups witch utmost diversity. It had city dwellers, villagers, peasants, and industrialists.
2. It provided for internal opposition.
3. The leadership of the party had expanded from upper-class proffesional to agricultural-based leaders.
4. It accommodated revolutionary leaders, right, left and center wing shades as well.
5. The parties which had their constitution were also allowed to exit within Congress.
The two positives of the consequences of the Green Revolution are:
1. The green revolution led to an increase in food production, namely wheat, and rice. This was specifically observed in the states of Haryana and Punjab.
2. It was a boon for the rich and the large landlords who had an increase in income.
The two negatives of consequences of the Green Revolution are:
1. It led to a huge gap in the income of the poor peasants and the rich peasants.
2. The number of middle-class peasants increased.
3. It led to regional imbalances as only a few states had gained from it.
4. The rich peasants became influential in political terms.
Rate this question :