Q. 265.0( 2 Votes )
Describe any thre
1) Pressure groups have deepened democracy.
2) Governments can often come under undue pressure from a small group of rich and powerful people.
3) Public interest groups and movements perform a useful role of countering this influence and reminding the Government of the needs and concerns of ordinary citizens.
4) Sectional groups prevents the domination of one group over the rest.
5) They bring about a rough balance of power and accommodation of conflicting interests.
1) The Assam Movement was a combination of cultural pride and economic backwardness because it was against outsiders to maintain the cultural integration of Assam.
2) The issue of outsiders continues to be a live issue in the politics in Assam and many other places in the North East.
3) There was widespread poverty and unemployment in Assam, despite the existence of natural resources like oil, tea, and coal. It was felt that these were drained out of the state without any benefit to the people.
4) An agreement was signed between Rajiv Gandhi led government and AASU leaders over the issue of outsiders in 1985. According to this agreement those foreigners who migrated to Assam during and after Bangladesh was and since, were to be identified and deported.
Rate this question :
Describe any threPolitical Science - Board Papers
<span lang="EN-GBPolitical Science - Board Papers
Describes the jouPolitical Science - Board Papers
Who were DaPolitical Science - Board Papers
What was ‘OperatiPolitical Science - Board Papers
Why and how did tPolitical Science - Board Papers