The disintegration of the Soviet Union had the following consequences:
a. It led to the end of the cold war.
b. It also led to an end of the ideological conflict present between the capitalist and socialist countries.
c. Many new independent countries emerged with their independent aspirations.
d. The socialist countries turned into a capitalist. Some socialist Nations got divided.
e. The European Union had strengthened itself.
f. World Bank and IMF begin helping the countries which were a republic and had now adopted democracy.
g. The world politics changed with the change in the power relation
India’s response to the ongoing Cold War as one of the leaders of the Non-aligned Movement is explained below:
1. India did not associate itself with any other nation and chose to remain away.
2. It raised its voice against the newly decolonized countries becoming a part of these alliances.
3. India tried to make amends among them.
4. India tried to encourage regional and international organizations to activate, which were not a part of these alliances.
5. India reposed with Commonwealth of free and cooperative nations.
Rate this question :