Q. 93.8( 5 Votes )
The Indian Constitution is unique in its contents and spirits.
The salient features of the constitution are:
1. Lengthiest Written Constitution: It is very comprehensive, elaborative. Originally it consisted of 395 Articles.
2. It is drawn from various sources: Some features of the constitution are borrowed from various other countries. The structure is mainly derived from the Government of India Act, 1935.
3. Parliamentary form of government: The government is formed based on majority party rule. There is coordination between the executive and legislative organs.
4. Federal System: There are two governments one at the Centre and another at the consecutive state units, but the Centre is vested with more powers.
5. Fundamental Rights: There are six Fundamental Rights like Right to equality, Freedom, etc. No institution or state can deny these rights to the citizens.
6. Secular State: There is no national language or religion, every religion is treated equally. The Constitution prohibits discrimination on the grounds of religion.
Rate this question :