Q. 54.0( 1 Vote )
Describe about contribution of Swami Vivekananda in Indian, religion and National Movements.
Swami Vivekananda was a young 19th century philosopher, who worked to reform the society through Western education and espousing of Upanishads. He contributed significantly towards religion and National movement.
1. He is most notably known for representing the Hindu Community at the World Parliament of Religions at Chicago in 1893. Overcoming many hurdles, he reached Chicago and spoke eloquently about the Indian society, its culture, religion and customs. He touted that Indians were the most powerful in the world and it was the highest centre for philosophical and spiritual discourse.
2. The Parliament was enamoured by the eloquence of Vivekananda, and were forced to re-assess their idea of India. In a way, Vivekananda up-lifted the image of India in foreign soil.
3. Back home, he helped people to embrace Hinduism through the lens of the Vedas. Being a Vedanta philosopher, he talked about removing ignorance and helping orphans.
4. He also travelled around the country and talked about the National movement and motivated people to serve Mother India. He also motivated the youth to educate themselves and surrender their lives to the nation.
5. In 1897, Swami Vivekananda established the RAMAKRISHNA MISSION in Bengal, with the aim of preaching ideals that were acceptable to all religions and providing charitable services during earthquakes, famines, floods and outbreak of diseases.
Rate this question :
Childhood name of Swami Dayanand Saraswati was-Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Pioneer of Anuvrat was-Rajasthan Board - Social Science
State about social reforms done by Brahma Samaj.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
When was law against Satipratha passed?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Describe about role of Swami Dayanand Saraswati in National Movement.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Describe about contribution of Swami Vivekananda in Indian, religion and National Movements.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Who established ‘Adi Brahma Samaj’?Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Write an essay on ‘Anuvrat Andolan’.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Write about main causes of Indian Renaissance in 19th A. D.Rajasthan Board - Social Science
Who started Anuvrat Andolan?Rajasthan Board - Social Science