Q. 175.0( 4 Votes )
“Dense and efficient network of transport and communication is a prerequisite for national and international trade.” Support the statement with five arguments. (CBSE 2012)
A dense and efficient network of transport and communication is a prerequisite for national and international trade:
1. India is a land of much diversity. Without proper communication and transport, there can’t be a proper interaction between various linguistic and socio-cultural groups. It is essential for bridging these gaps.
2. A commodity might have demand in many other places other than its place of supply. Good transport network enables it to reach the demand locales from the supply locales.
3. Development of a country largely relies on the production of various goods and services. Transport and communication also contribute to various livelihoods like that of traders. Hence, fast development is dependent on transport and communication.
4. Being well-linked to the world through various means like airways, waterways and land routes enables export and import of goods. This contributes to the economy of the country.
5. Being well connected nationally and internationally gives us access to many facilities, amenities, and information. This, in turn, makes the lives of the people better.
Transport and communication contribute to every part of our life both directly and indirectly. Progress at any time is impossible without effective transport and communication. It not only increases efficiency but also contributes in updating information about everything which is very necessary. Many people’s livelihood also depends on transport and communication.
Rate this question :
Which two end cities does the National Highway No 7 join?Together With Social Science
Which two factors were responsible for the expansion of trade and transport?Together With Social Science
Give the full form of CPWD.Together With Social Science
How are the border roads helpful in the economic development of the far off areas of the country?Together With Social Science
What is the importance of the Pradhan Mantri Grameen SadakYojna?Together With Social Science
Four features A,B,C1 and C2 are marked in the following map of India. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names.
A. The easternmost city of the East-West Corridor
B. NH from Varanasi to Kanyakumari.
C. Two capital cities of the south, the Golden Quadrilateral Passes through.Together With Social Science