1. Every individual wants to receive respect from fellow beings and conflicts in a society often arise on such issues. However, the passion for respect and freedom are the basis of democracy. Democracies throughout the world have recognized this important principle.
2. Democracy recognizes the dignity of women as a significant part of the society. Long struggles by women in the past have contributed to the respect and equality of treatment for women as necessary ingredients of a democratic society.
3. Democracy tends to strengthen the claims of the disadvantaged and discriminated castes for equal status and equal opportunity in society. For example – In India, various political parties represent certain castes and groups.
4. People, in a democracy, realize the value of their democratic rights. The nature of accommodating people of various backgrounds within a single democratic framework increases the participation of people at all democratic levels.
5. Citizens in a democracy have the right to examine the processes of decision making. Public expressions of dissatisfaction and dissent speak about the awareness of people and the opportunity of transformation from a subject to a citizen provided by the democratic governance.
NOTE – Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Although it may have flaws and loopholes, however, it is still considered to be the most stable and accommodating form of governance.
Rate this question :