Democracy is seen as good in principle and not so good in practice:
1. Most of the countries practice democratic politics in some way: formal constitutions, rights of citizens, parties etc.
2. But all democracies are different in terms of its social conditions, culture and economic development.
3. Democracy is only a form of government that can create conditions and opportunities to bring change in the society.
4. Citizens and their representatives have to take advantage of these conditions to solve the practical problems which is not possible in monarchy or military rule.
5. Democracy is not a solution to all socio-economic and political problems but a system that creates room to correct the mistakes.
Note: Democracy cannot guarantee to solve all the problems in the society however compared to other forms of government; it provides the best platform to bring change that is desired by the citizens.
Rate this question :