Q. 93.9( 10 Votes )
Democracies don’t appear to reduce economic inequalities:
1. If economic growth rates of dictatorships and democracies are compared from 1950-2000, dictatorships have a slightly higher rate.
2. But the difference in the rates between less developed nations with dictatorships and democracies is very low.
3. Economic development varies from country to country because of several factors like population, economic priorities, relations with other countries etc.
4. Even though the democratic form of government doesn’t ensure economic development, it doesn’t stay very far from other forms of government.
5. Democracy is preferred over other forms of government because it has various other positive outcomes alongside possibilities of economic development.
Explanation: Democracy focuses a lot on equality towards people and the uplifting of the marginalized so it may lag a bit behind in economic development but nevertheless, it is not far behind.
Rate this question :
Name any two basiTogether With Social Science
Is having democraTogether With Social Science
“Some people thinTogether With Social Science
What is the dilemTogether With Social Science
“Democracy is seeTogether With Social Science
Explain any threeTogether With Social Science
Why is democracyFull Marks - Social Science