Q. 83.5( 2 Votes )
“Democracies are not appearing to be very successful in reading economic inequalities.” Analyse the statement.
Many countries all over the world have accepted the concept of democracy with all the basic features while the results of it varies across the countries depending on their social situations, economic achievements and culture. The democratic government has several drawbacks including corruption, ignorance of demands of majority population, less efficient, very slow and so on. In case of reading economic inequalities, the failure of democracies can be seen as well.
1. Basic needs of life including food, clothing, shelter are difficult to make.
2. Economic inequalities are quite prevalent.
3. Due to overpopulation, the pace of economic growth and development has been slower.
4. Unjust distribution of goods and opportunities.
5. Poverty is still another big issue and quite a number of people still fall below the poverty line.
6. New resources are allocated in few hands.
Even though democratic government is said to be the people's government, still it has been unsuccessful in bringing about change in economic dynamics of various countries.
Rate this question :
“There is an overwhelming support for the idea of democracy all over the world.” Support the statement.Together With Social Science
Explain the role of democratic government in reducing economic disparities.Together With Social Science
“Democracies are not appearing to be very successful in reading economic inequalities.” Analyse the statement.Together With Social Science
Name the three challenges faced by a democracy. Explain ‘the challenge of deepening of democracy’ by stating three points.Social Science - Board Papers
What are the features a democracy must have, to be called a good democracy?
How are some countries of the world facing the ‘challenge of expansion of democracy’?Social Science - Board Papers