Degradation of cultivable land is a serious problem in India. These problems are as follows:
1. The irrigation and agricultural development strategies are faulty which adversing affect the soil leading to depletion.
2. The alkalization and salinisation of soil along with water logging has led to the loss of soil fertility. The land area affected because of this is more than 8 million hectares.
3. The soil profile contains more concentration of toxic amounts because of the excess use of chemicals for cultivation.
4. In irrigated areas, the leguminous crops have been displaced from the irrigation pattern.
5. Since the pattern of multiple cropping is being widely followed by farmers so the duration of fallow has reduced substantially.
Rate this question :
Answer the followNCERT - India-People And Economy