Q. 15.0( 2 Votes )
Deforestation is cutting down a stand of trees or clearing the forest. It is done to convert the forest into farmlands, urban use, making roads etc.
The effects of deforestation:
1. Loss of habitat of millions of species.
2. Forest absorbs greenhouses gases, and cutting them would fuel global warming.
Ways to prevent it:
1. Planting a sapling and spreading awareness about it.
2. Cutting trees could be replaced by planting young trees.
3. Organizing education campaigns in schools and colleges creating awareness about the effects of deforestation.
Rate this question :