1) Ionosphere: It is the layer of the earth’s atmosphere which contains a high concentration of ions and free electrons and is capable of reflecting the radio waves. This layer lies above the Mesosphere.
2) Normal lapse rate: The higher one travels into the troposphere, or the first layer of the atmosphere, the lower the temperature becomes. The rate at which the temperature drops is known as the lapse rate.
3) Torrid Zone: It refers to the area of the Earth between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
4) Horse latitude: horse latitudes are the subtropical regions which are known for calm winds and little precipitation.
5) Orographic rainfall: it is produced when moist air is lifted as it moves over a mountain range. As the air rises and cools, orographic clouds form and serve as the source of precipitation, most of which falls upwind of the mountain ridge.
6) Climatology: It is the scientific study of climate
Rate this question :
Define the followKarnataka Board - Geography
Terms to rememberKarnataka Board - Geography