Q. 3 C4.4( 50 Votes )
Give geographical reasons:
Convectional type of rainfall is not prominent in India.
Convectional type of rainfall is the type of rainfall in which the warm air rises up and expands then, reaches a cooler layer and saturates, then condenses mainly in the form of cumulus or cumulonimbus clouds. It mostly occurs in the equatorial regions. Rainfall in India is mostly brought by the southwest monsoon winds.
Rate this question :
In which part of India are three crops grown in a year? How is this related to the rainfall over there?MHB - Geography
Considering the location, the extent of Brazil and India, look for the differences in the elements of climate like temperature and rainfall as per direction. Write a short note on it.MHB - Geography
Study the graphs given in figure 4.5 and answer the following questions:
1. What difference do you find in the rainy seasons of Chennai and other cities of India? Why?
2. What similarity do you see in the temperature curves of Delhi and Kolkata?
3. Calculate the average range of minimum and maximum temperatures of all the four cities.
4. In which city is the range minimum? What can you infer from this?
5. In which city is the range maximum? What can you infer from this about its climate?
6. Based on the temperature and rainfall of Mumbai, comment upon its climate.
7. In which month does India experience the highest rainfall?
8. Classify the cities as cities with equable and extreme climates.
MHB - Geography
Study the graphs given in fig 4.4 and answer the following questions.
(i) In which month is the highest temperature found in all the four cities?
(ii) In which month does it rain the most in the given cities?
(iii) When does Brazil have its rainy season?
(iv) Which city has the maximum range of temperature? How much is it?
(v) What type of climate will be found in Rio De Janeiro?
MHB - Geography
With the help of the internet, obtain information regarding the annual average temperatures of the continental location of Brasilia and Bhopal and explain it with the help of a graph.MHB - Geography
Write the names of the States/Regions inappropriate columns:
Bihar, Tocantins, Pernambuco, Alagoas Eastern Maharastra, Western part of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Rio Grande Do Norte,Paraiba, Western Ghats, Eastern Himalayas, Western Andhra Pradesh, Roroima, Amazon, West Bengal, RioGrande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Goa
(Note: Can you think of an easier method of answering this question?)MHB - Geography
Considering the various factors affecting Brazil’s climate, complete the adjoining table.MHB - Geography
State whether right or wrong. Rewrite the wrong sentences.
(a) The fact that Brazil lies on the equator affects its climate in a big way.
(b) India and Brazil have the same seasons at the same time.
(c) India faces tropical cyclones frequently.
(d) Brazil gets a lot of rainfall because of the southwest monsoon winds.MHB - Geography